Apr 6, 2012

Homemade Granola



I got this fabulous recipe off of my friend Kristen. Thanks to her I am converted to making homemade granola! Since we on an island where good cereals are super pricey, and since we live on a student budget... I have began to make things I never would have thought of even trying before. I first made this before I left for the states, so Broc had something to eat for breakfast while I was gone. It is a favorite around our house. And it is one of those great recipes that I can make with my kids and let them dump and stir to their hearts content! So easy to throw together and tastes divine.



Homemade Granola

Recipe courtesy Kristen Morgans


3 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups chopped nuts (I used almonds)
3/4 cup flaked coconut
4- 6 Tablespoons honey (or sugar) I used honey
4 Tablespoons butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk

Mix together oats, nuts and coconut. Set aside.
In a saucepan combine honey (or sugar), butter, salt and sweetened condensed milk.
Cook over medium heat until well blended and sugar is dissolved.
Pour over oat mixture and spread on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Watch the color carefully- do not overbake! It will continue to cook as you take it out of the oven. Store in an airtight container. 


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. i've been wanting to try homemade granola! i'm going to pin this so i can give this recipe a try, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete